By Jim Horvath
Well, Week Two is in the books, and the teams in the Westshore had mixed results on what was a truely beautiful night for football.
In case you haven’t heard the scores yet, here’s a brief summary of all the games:
* Elyria 10, North Olmsted 6. A tough loss for the Eagles as the Pioneers rebounded from their loss to Amherst by making a 10-0 halftime lead hold up.
*Olmsted Falls 14, Highland 7. The Bulldogs won their home opener and even their season record at 1-1.
* Amherst 34, Midview 7. Either the Middies are in for a long season, or the Comets are ready to make a run in the SWC this fall. The Comets are now 2-0, with another win coming next Friday against Vermilion.
West Shore Conference
* Rocky River 31, Trinity 22. The Pirates get their first win of the season in a shootout. The score was tied 7-7 after the first quarter, 10-10 at halftime before River managed a narrow 17-16 lead heading into the fourth. The Pirates put the game away with a 14-point final quarter. It’s River and Westlake next Friday, and West Life will be there.
* Cuyahoga Heights 32, Fairview 13. Dave Latkovic’s gang ran up against a buzz saw in running back Alec Torgerson, who reportedly ran the ball 35 times for 180 yards and three touchdowns for the
Redskins. The Warriors fell to 1-1.
* Avon 42, Wellington 0. Well, after a win at Avon Lake last week, what did you expect against Wellington? Right now, the Eagles look to be the team to beat in the WSC in 2010.
* North Ridgeville 42, Lakewood 28. The Rangers took out their frustrations against their future WSC foe to even their record at 1-1.
Patriot Athletic Conference
* Hawken 40, Lutheran West 28. Not an easy assignment for the Longhorns after their season-opening loss at Fairview.